|Service: Stucco & Stone Remediation
|Description: In the process of buying this house in Sewell New Jersey the buyer realized that there was a problem with the stucco and stone and decided to get a stucco inspection with moisture readings. The moisture readings of the report came back very high. The buyer then hired Guzzo Stucco to do a complete stucco and stone remediation. Much of the cause of the damage was from improper window flashing, wrong building paper, and wrong installation of the drainage system of the stucco.
- Before removal of stone and stucco.
- Before removal.
- Before demolition.
- Attempted stucco patch was done wrong.
- Landscaping covered with plastic to catch all debris.
- Windows covered with foam and plastic to prevent damage.
- Improper window flashing causes rot and mold growth.
- Rot and mold growth can occur anywhere on the wall because of how poorly the stucco was installed.
- Black mold growth under window.
- Damage next to window.
- Rusted nail that was in stucco trim causes leaks in house.
- Damage behind stucco under window.
- Rot all around door.
- Improperly flashed windows caused damage around all the windows.
- Too many nails used.
- Too many nails in the wire lathe holds the wire too tight to the wall not allowing enough drain ability or air flow to dry any moisture behind the stucco.
- A lot of nails contribute to damage.
- Nails all over.
- Sheathing has mold all over.
- Drip cap head flashing installed on arch windows.
- Weep screed installed at framing-foundation junction.
- New plywood installed and all windows re-flashed properly.
- White mold growth under window.
- Proper window flashing of rough opening.
- Building paper tucked underneath window flashing.
- Front door not flashed properly causes damage behind and underneath the concrete porch.
- Progress picture.
- Building paper tucked all the way underneath the window flashing.
- Correct window flashing for stucco.
Brown coat installed.
Removal of damaged subfloor. The front door was leaking and caused the threshold to get damaged inside the house.
- New subfloor installed.
- Preparing to flash the rough opening of the front door.
- Rough opening of front door flashed with pan flashing on top of ice and water shield.
- Front door flashed properly.
- Custom fancy stucco trim by Guzzo Stucco.
- Custom Stucco and stone entrance.
- Fancy stucco trim installed by Guzzo Stucco.
- Fancy stucco sill.
- Fancy stucco trim arch with keystone and blocks.
- Weep screed in stone at framing-foundation junction.
- Sewell stucco remediation.
- Completed stucco and stone remediation by Guzzo Stucco in Sewell, NJ.