|Service: Stucco Remediation
|Description: This house in Monroeville New Jersey started getting cracks and buckling away from the wall. Guzzo Stucco performed a complete stucco remediation and pulled all of the windows and re-flashed them. The original system installed on this house was hard coat stucco on top of insulated foam board used in EIFS.
Attempt to caulk and seal inside corner never works.
- Hard coat stucco installed on top of insulated foam board.
- Nails cause direct route for water and mold was growing on the plywood around the nails.
- Plywood damage on inside corner from no kick-out diverter.
- Plywood rotted and eaten by termites at inside corner from no kick-out diverter.
- Plywood rotted and eaten by termites.
- Inside corner rotted from no kick-out diverter.
- Window leaking caused damage to plywood and damage at bottom of plywood from no allowance for drainage.
- Improper window flashing causes damage to plywood.
- No kick-out diverter causes damage.
- Removal of stucco on front of house. Exposed house gets covered with plastic every night.
- Nails caused direct route for water to go in house. This picture shows the nail holes in the insulation and the mold growth on the insulation where the nails were.
- Even though the chimney was all block, without a kick-out diverter damage still accumulated on the framed part of the inside corner.
- Rim board completely rotted and eaten by termites.
- Termites ate wet and rotted plywood.
- Proper window flashing.
- Drip cap head flashing installed on windows and doors.
- Rim board completely removed.
- New plywood installed.
- The structure of the chimney is all block but it still needs a kick-out diverter on the inside corners.
- Aftershock mold chemical used on studs with slight mold.
- New rim board installed.
- Kick-out diverter installed.
- Rotted plywood replaced.
- Completed stucco remediation on back of house in Monroeville, NJ.
- Masonry arch on top of chimney reconstructed.
- Masonry arch reconstructed.
- Left side of house completed stucco remediation. Notice the weep screed at the framing-foundation junction allowing drainage.
- Front of house completed stucco remediation in Monroeville New Jersey.